How to make soft drinks at home
Guess how much sugar is in a can of coke?
39 grams. That’s 10 teaspoons.
I mean, you’re talking about a drink called coke, I’m sure other pop isn’t as —-
Luckily, you can make your own pop with a fraction of the sugar in just 2 minutes. Heck, you could bring that down to 15 secs if you made the concentrate ahead of time
Here’s the magic formula (1 serving):
- 1/2 a lemon 🍋
- 1/2 cup chilled fizzy water; (
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar; adjust to taste (
- Pinch of salt
- Thin slice of ginger (
- Dash of cinnamon
- Hint of cayenne pepper
- [Optional] Dash of nutmeg
- [Optional] Mint garnish
You only really need 3 ingredients.
* I used Bubbly Lime. You can try other flavours or brands.
* White sugar also works.
* Press on the slice with the concave end of a teaspoon.
Q: Is it worth getting a sodastream?
A: tl;dr Yes, if you’re a long term drinker. It takes about 2 years to recoup the initial investment costs of the Sodastream Terra. Here’s the math behind it.